1. Sign in to Google Sites by visiting sites.google.com by using your Gmail account or Google Apps account.
2. After successful Sign in, you can create a site just by clicking "CREATE" .
3. If you have already created website, then you may find your sites on the right hand site on the same page from where you are going to create your site.
After clicking on CREATE, you will go to next page to create your site as seen below:
While creating a new site in Google Sites, you will see many option. We defined these option with numbers, click on the right side image and stay on this page to know about these options.
1. Browse the gallery for more : You can browse the template gallery and can select a template which which like. You can explorer the well organized template gallery by categories. Selecting template in other language: Click on the "Browse the gallery for more", at bottom, you will see the option "Choose a language", select the template language and click "Select".
2. Name your site: Write the name of your site. The name which you will write here will appear in the browser title bar. Site name also plays an important role in SEO of Google Sites.
3. Site location: You can use the location of your Google Sites website. Normally this box filled up as "Name of site" but you can change it. Spaces are not allow in location, if you will put space, it will be automatically replaced with "-". The site location must be available means not used before.
4. Select a theme: Google Sites offers a variety of theme. You can choose from a theme for your Google Sites website.
5. More options: By exploring it, you can work with "Site categories", "Site description" and "Share with".
Site categories are tags or labels which help you to find your site specially when your organization have many of sites. Giving site a category also helps to organize the sites. It makes easy when you "Browse Sites"
Site description is a little briefing about your website in Google Sites. This is also important to SEO of your Google Site website. Site description will show up in search engine so it write very meaning full.
Share with option offers you to choose access option for your site. You can make your Google Sites website accessible only for your organization users OR only the people you will allow to access OR accessible for everyone in the world.
When you have done all these options, just click on "CREATE" and its done. You have successfully create a new website using Google Sites.