In this FAQ session, Sites Help tired to give the reliant answer of the question. Google Sites FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) or FAQ's are listed questions and answers, all supposed to be frequently asked in some context and pertaining to a particular topic which is Google Sites here.
Following Google Sites FAQs are correct answered, up to dated and easy to understand and link with Google Sites How to (where necessary) which is a Step by Step guide of Google Sites.
- 1 Is Google Sites free to use?
- 2 Do I need any software or application to work with Google Sites?
- 3 I don't know HTML and no knowledge of website design & development, even then can i build a website in Google Sites?
- 4 Can I use Google Adsense with Google Sites and earn money?
- 5 Can I upload a website which I developed in Adobe Dreamweaver or MS FrontPage or download my Google Sites website?
- 6 Can I remove system footer from my Google Sites website?
- 7 Can I delete my Google Sites public website or private intranet?
- 8 How much storage space Google Sites provides and can I create more the one site and page in Google Sites?
- 9 What is Public and Private site in Google Sites?
- 10 Can I change the name of my site?
- 11 Can I remove default search engine from the header of my site in Google Sites?
- 12 Can I hide the attachments from my Google Sites page?
- 13 Can I change the background color of my site in Google Sites and use background image?
- 14 How many page types are offered by Google Sites when i create a new page?
- 15 Can i edit Google Sites offline?
- 16 Why I am unable to edit my site anymore in Google Sites?
- 17 Can I add Custom Search Engine in my site?
- 18 Can I change the landing page of my site in Google Sites?
- 19 Can I use all HTML tags and CSS in Google Sites while editing page?
- 20 If I deleted a page from my site, can i recover it?
- 21 Can I share my site with others to view and edit in Google Sites?
I don't know HTML and no knowledge of website design & development, even then can i build a website in Google Sites?Yes you can, because in most case, you don't need to work directly with HTML as Google Sites is WYSIWYG and with simple GUI (Graphical User Interface). Google Sites themes are already their for you and you can choose one which look good to you. Its easy to work with, you need a clear picture of Information Architect so you can create pages in Google Sites easily.
Can I upload a website which I developed in Adobe Dreamweaver or MS FrontPage or download my Google Sites website?No, you can't upload that websites because Google Sites not worked with FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and you can not download your Google Sites website.
working with System Footer in Google Sites.
How much storage space Google Sites provides and can I create more the one site and page in Google Sites?Yes, you can create more then one site in Google Sites. It depends on available storage space of Google Sites (if you are with Google Apps account) and number of limit creating Google Sites per day with your stand alone Google account (which is also know as firstname.lastname@example.org). As far as the number of creating page is concern in Google Sites, you can create unlimited pages within your available space.
Web page, Announcements, File Cabinet, List and Start Page.
Google Sites Help Forum and post there with your Google Sites URL (web address).
Can I use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools with my Google Site?
Yes, you can use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster with Google Sites. These tools will help you in improving the ranking of your site in search results and very important for SEO of Google Sites.
Google Sites Sharing and Permission settings.
If your Google Sites website is already a public site, there is no need to invite other(s) to view your site, simply give them the URL of your site to view. If you site is a private intranet on Google Sites, you can assign View rights to other(s) to view it.